Beef Ribs Pochero (Tomato Based Beef Stew With Bananas) Recipe
- 1.5kg Beef Ribs (pre-cooked and tenderized in pressure cooker for 1/2 hour with salt, black peppers and onions. Set aside about 2-3 cups from the broth to use for the sauce later on)
- 1/2 cup baked beans in tomato sauce
- 250gms Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbs refined sugar
- fish sauce and pepper to taste
- 4 tbs cooking oil
- 2 cups beef broth (from tenderizing the beef)
- 6 cloves ginger, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 head small cabbage, quartered
- 1 big carrot, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 4 Indian bananas, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup garbanzos (chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup green peas
- Heat oil in a pan then adjust to low to fry all vegetables separately. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce oil in the pan, add garlic and saute until soft and lightly brown (do not roast), then add the onion. Continue saute cooking until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add the beef, saute for 2-3 minutes then add the soy sauce, baked beans and tomato paste. Saute for about 5 minutes then add half of the fried bananas, garbanzos, green peas, tomato sauce, sugar and 1 cup beef broth. Simmer for 8-10mins.
- Check and adjust taste with fish sauce, pepper and sugar.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add broth slowly to adjust sauce consistency as to your preference. Again check and adjust taste with fish sauce, pepper and sugar. Simmer until desired consistency of sauce is achieved.
- Turn off heat. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with hot rice. Enjoy!
Source: My Expat Mommy
Beef Ribs Pochero (Tomato Based Beef Stew With Bananas) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, March 30, 2017 Rating: