Asian Pork Meatballs Over Coconut Rice Recipe
- 2 cups Basmati Rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspooon kosher salt
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup Alessi Coconut Reduction
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 red Chile Pepper, seeded and minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- Freshly chopped chives
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up and top with a baking rack. Lightly grease the rack. You can bake the meatballs right on the foil or the baking sheet if you don't have a rack. I prefer to use a rack for a crispier outside on the meatball.
- Rinse and drain rice in cold water. Place 2 cups rice in a skillet with 1 1/2 cups water, 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, stir and reduce heat to mid-low. Cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer for 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. When most of the liquid is absorbed, remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Then remove cover and fluff with a fork to serve.
- While the coconut rice is cooking, combine 1 pound ground pork, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1 large egg, 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic, 1 tablespoon freshly minced onion, 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated ginger, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper in a large bowl.
- Mix the pork mixture well to combine and then form into meatballs. I use a medium size scoop to get them uniform in size, or if I'm away from home I have even used a 1/8 measure cup to measure the meat and then roll into a ball. Place them on the greased rack or a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes or until cooked through to 160°F. Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your meatballs.
- While the coconut rice and meatballs are cooking, prepare the sauce. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup Alessi Coconut Reduction, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon minced red chile pepper, 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Cook until the sauce is just heated through. You don't want to cook it too much or it will thin out. If it thins too much, it will thicken as it cools. Toss the meatballs with the sauce.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the coconut rice between 4-6 bowls and top each with 3-4 saucy meatballs. Garnish with freshly chopped chives and cilantro and serve with any remaining sauce. Enjoy!
Source: Life Taste Good
Asian Pork Meatballs Over Coconut Rice Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 Rating: