- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 segments of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- ½ lb Italian Sausage, I use sweet Italian and use 3-4 links and I remove the casings.
- 1 29 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper (scant)
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- Saute the onion in the butter and olive oil for 2 minutes add sausage and garlic and cook until sausage is cooked through.
- Add everything else and simmer for two hours.
- Remove bay leaves before serving
- Serve over spaghetti noodles or use it to make lasagna or stuffed shells
- Leftover sauce can be frozen and used in future meals.
Source: Real Life Dinner
Share It To Your Friends!