Adobong Gulay Recipe
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp white peppercorn
- 2 bay leaves
- oil for frying
- 500g eggplant (quartered and sliced 3cm)
- 125ml sweet soy sauce
- 60ml vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- a pinch of sugar
- Heat oil in a pan then add white peppercorn and bay leaves, stir for 1 minute. Saute garlic till brown.
- Then add the onion and fry until translucent. Add black pepper and sugar. Stir to mix. Then add the soy sauce and vinegar. Lower to medium heat.
- Add eggplant and stir to mix.
- Cover and let simmer for about 25-30 minutes or until the eggplant is soft but not mushy. Stir occasionally.
- Add water if dish appears dry. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Kain Tayo
Adobong Gulay Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, March 24, 2017 Rating: