- 1 lb/454 g Large Peeled White Prawns
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ inch/about 2 tsp of Ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeno/Green Chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 Tbsp Indonesian Kicap Manis
- ½ Cup Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- A few Grind of Black Pepper
- 3 Tbsp of Water
- Sea Salt, to taste
- 3 to 4 Tbsp Peanut Oil
- Heat about 3 Tbsp of peanut oil in a pan over high heat. Pan-fry the prawns in batches until cooked. Remove the prawns and set aside. Leave about 1 ½ Tsp of the oil in the wok. Cook the garlic, ginger, chili, and onion over moderate heat until the mixture is fragrant and sticky.
- Mix in the Kicap manis, ketchup, chili flakes, sugar, black pepper, water and give it a quick stir. Add in the prawns and stir until all the prawns are coated with the sauce. Season with sea salt if necessary. Transfer the prawns to a serving plate and serve immediately.
Source: Sea salt With Food
Share It To Your Friends!