- 1 pig stomach, sliced into 3 parts
- Black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- A thumb of ginger, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks of spring onion, cut into 1in long pieces
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp cooking wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chopped spring onion for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pig stomach and boil for about 5 minutes. Drain the pig stomach and discard the water. Put the stomach back into the pot. Cover with enough water to submerge. Add peppercorns and bay leaves. Bring to boil then simmer for about 2 hours or until fork tender. Don’t forget to add a bit of salt midway through cooking. When done, scoop out the stomach and reserve broth.
- Slice pork stomach into thin bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok. Fry garlic, ginger and chopped spring onion until fragrant. Add stomach slices and stir-fry for about a minute to brown. Add soy sauce, patis, rice wine vinegar, cooking wine and sesame oil, and stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of the reserved broth (or plain water). Simmer for about 30 minutes or until slightly reduced. Serve garnished with spring onion.
Share It To Your Friends!