- Tahong (Mussels), 1kg
- Garlic, 5-7 cloves, chopped
- Onions, 1 big whole, chopped
- Ginger, 1 nub, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, 1 tsp
- Fish sauce, 1 tbsp
- Water, 2 cups
- Lemongrass, 2 stalks, chopped
- Long green chili, 1 piece
- Cooking oil, 1 tbsp
- Put oil in a heated pan.
- Saute garlic under medium heat.
- When the garlic turns golden, add in the onions.
- When the onions sweat, add in the ginger.
- Saute the ginger well until it releases its aroma.
- Add in the lemongrass. Continue stirring.
- Put in the water. Cover and allow the dish to boil.
- Add in the chili and pepper when the water begins to boil.
- Add in the mussels after 30 seconds. Close the lid.
- When the mussels open, season with fish sauce.
- Give a quick stir and turn off the heat.
- Serve while hot with a pair of fried dish.
Source: Quick And Easy Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!