Tinolang Manok Recipe
- 500 grams Chicken cut into 6 pcs
- 1 pc Chayote (Sayote) cut into wedges
- 1 bunch Spinach Leaves
- 1 thumb size Ginger crushed
- 5 gloves garlic minced
- 1 whole Onion finely sliced
- 1 stem Lemon Grass cut into half, crushed
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce (Patis)
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt to taste
- Heat the casserole and add cooking oil.
- Saute the ginger and garlic until the garlic starts to turn golden brown.
- Add the lemon grass and onion, stir until onion starts to soften,
- Add the chicken. Stir. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken change its color to white and dry.
- Add fish sauce. Add water. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Add the chayote and cook for another 5 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Add spinach leaves. Cover. Cook for a few seconds or once you smell the fragrance of spinach turn off the heat. Remove the pot cover.
- There you have it. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
Source: Spices And Spikes
Tinolang Manok Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, February 03, 2017 Rating: