Sweet Chicken Adobo With Fried Potatoes Recipe
- 1 kilo chicken cut-up
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 7 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 10 black peppercorns
- 4-5 laurel or bay leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced into bite-sizes
- cooking oil
- Season potatoes with salt. Heat oil in a pan. Fry potatoes until cooked and tender. Drain excess oil and set aside.
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a covered pot large enough to hold the chicken in one layer. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, about 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice, until chicken is cooked through.
- Season with vinegar and brown sugar. You can adjust the flavor with adding water, soy sauce, vinegar or sugar.
Sweet Chicken Adobo With Fried Potatoes Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, February 17, 2017 Rating: