Sticky Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 1 1 large chicken jointed into 8-10 pieces (I used chopped chicken breasts)
- sea salt and black pepper
- 3-4 tbs Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, halved horizontally
- Few Thyme sprigs
- Splash vinegar
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 Lemon finely sliced
- Bunch of flat leafed parsley
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Brown the chicken pieces (in batches if necessary) over a high heat with the garlic and thyme for 2–3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Return all the chicken to the pan, add the vinegar and bubble until reduced by half. Drizzle over the soy sauce and honey and shake the pan to mix.
- Pour in a ladel full of hot water and add the lemon slices. Let the liquid bubble and reduce down until syrupy, which will take about 10 minutes or so. By now the chicken should be cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a platter and sprinkle over the chopped parsley.
- Serve with mashed potato (boil potatoes, add milk and butter and mash together, add cooked peas and carrots and some thyme).
Source: Half Hour Meals
Sticky Lemon Chicken Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, February 20, 2017 Rating: