Smothered Pork Chops With Mushroom Gravy Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 4 boneless pork chops 3/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken broth more as needed
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup milk
- flat-leaf parsley chopped fresh, for garnish
- Put the flour in a shallow platter and add the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly. Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels to remove any moisture and then dredge them in the seasoned flour; shaking off the excess.
- Heat a large saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat and coat with the oil. When the oil is nice and hot, lay the pork chops in the pan in a single layer and fry for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove the pork chops from the pan to a plate.
- Reduce heat to low and add the garlic. Saute for 1 minute, continuously stirring. Add 2 teaspoons of seasoned flour to the pan drippings. Mix the flour into the fat to dissolve and then pour in the chicken broth, stir to combine. Add the mushrooms. Increase the heat to medium and let the liquid cook down for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly. Stir in the milk to make a creamy gravy and return the pork chops to the pan, covering them with the sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes until the pork is cooked through. Add more chicken broth to thin sauce if needed. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish pork with chopped parsley before serving.
Source: Jessica Gavin
Smothered Pork Chops With Mushroom Gravy Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, February 16, 2017 Rating: