Sinigang Na Baka Sa Bayabas Recipe
- Beef spare ribs, 1kg (or any part, preferably with bones)
- Whole tomatoes, 5pcs, uncut
- Garlic, 6-8 cloves, bruised
- Onions, 3 pcs, chopped
- Kangkong (swamp cabbage, water spinach)
- Sitaw (string beans) - optional
- Gabi (taro) - optional
- Guava, 3-5pcs, ideally not fully ripened
- Salt, 2tsp
- Fish sauce, to taste
- Water, 1.5-2ltrs (Depends on the part of beef, the lesser the bones the fewer the water)
- Long green chili (optional but desired)
- Put the beef in a pot with water and salt.
- Scoop out the scum after 10 minutes or just when the water is about to boil.
- Put in the garlic, onions, tomatoes and guava.
- Let it boil under low heat for about an hour.
- When the meat is tender, add in the vegetables.
- Season with fish sauce to taste.
- When the vegetables change colour into a more vibrant green, they are cooked.
- Put the long green chili on top.
- Turn of the heat and let it sit for several minutes.
- Serve with hot rice.
Source: Quick and Easy Recipes
Sinigang Na Baka Sa Bayabas Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 Rating: