Roast Chicken Adobo Recipe
- 2 whole chicken, cut into parts
- 2 cups vinegar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 birds-eye chilis
- 2 tbsp black peppercorns, crushed
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 head garlic (or more, for extra roasted garlic)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place chicken in large roasting pan. Ideally, the chicken pieces should form just one layer. Pour over all the ingredients (except garlic) and let chicken sit for 30 minutes, turning occasionally to coat every chicken part.
- Peel the garlic and scatter the cloves in the roasting pan. (Alternatively, you can leave the garlic cloves unpeeled.)
- Roast the chicken for approximately 45 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 450F. Roast the chicken for about 10 to 15 minutes more, until cooked through and the skin is crisp and browned.
- If you wish, take out the roasted chicken parts out of the pan and set aside. Reduce the marinade and chicken juices in the pan until slightly thick, or to desired consistency.
- Pour "jus" over roast chicken parts. Enjoy over plain rice.
Source: Eating Club Vancouver
Roast Chicken Adobo Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, February 24, 2017 Rating: