Pot Roasted Beef Recipe
- Beef shoulder – 1 kg (2.20 lb.) (whole piece)
- Ariosto* – 1 1/2 tsp.
- Extra virgin olive oil – 2 tbsp.
- Rosé wine – 125 ml (4.23 fl.oz.)
- Rosemary – 5 stalks
- Water – 1 cup
- Cornstarch – 3 tsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Rosemary – 1/8 tsp.
- Garlic – 1/8 tsp.
- Sage – 1/8 tsp.
- Juniper – 1/8 tsp.
- Laurel – 1/8 tsp.
- Thyme – 1/8 tsp.
- Marjoram – 1/8 tsp.
- Basil – 1/8 tsp.
- Water – 500 ml (16.91 fl.oz.)
- Bouillon cube – 2 PCs. (beef flavor)
- Bring to a boil the water for the broth, add the bouillon cubes and allow to melt, reduce heat and keep warm.
- Season the beef with Ariosto and 1 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat a large pot and add the remaining extra virgin olive oil.
- Add 3 sprigs of rosemary and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the meat and roast the entire surface until it is a nicely golden brown then lower the heat to a medium.
- Pour the wine over beef in small quantities at a time, while continuing to roll the meat until the wine has evaporated.
- Add 2 ladles of hot broth and cover with the lid.
- Simmer the meat on all sides by adding all the broth slowly until the meat is tender and broth has reduced to about 1 cup.
- Once the meat is cooked allow it to cool until firm and cut into thin slices.
- Prepare the sauce by dissolving the cornstarch in 1 cup cold water and add to broth, stir until the sauce thickens.
- Blanch 2 sprigs fresh rosemary in the sauce, remove them after 30 seconds and keep them aside.
- Lay the slices of meat on a serving platter, cover with the sauce and garnish with two sprigs of rosemary that had been kept aside.
Source: Cooking With Peachy
Pot Roasted Beef Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, February 27, 2017 Rating: