Gourmet Tuyo (Dried Herring) In Spicy Oil Recipe
- 15-20 pieces Tuyo (dried herring)
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup olive or sunflower or corn oil
- 3 cloves garlic, cut into thin slices
- 1 red hot chilli pepper (labuyo), cut into slants or 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 pieces bay leaves
- 5-10 pieces peppercorns, slightly crushed
- 10-20 pieces pickled olives, cut into circles (optional)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- Cut off the heads and fry the tuyo in hot oil over high heat until the scales start to come off a bit. Place fried tuyo on a plate with a paper towel.
- Remove the scales and soft parts. Can also be flaked and de-boned. Arrange the fried tuyo in a glass jar.
- In a saucepan under medium-high heat, combine the olive/sunflower/corn oil, garlic and red chili pepper, bay leaves, peppercorns and olives. Bring to a boil and add paprika powder. Cook just until the garlic becomes tender and slightly browned.
- Pour the oil mixture in the jar of tuyo, let it cool down before storing in the refrigerator. Store for a at least 3 days before serving to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with steaming hot rice.
Source: Foxy Folksy
Gourmet Tuyo (Dried Herring) In Spicy Oil Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 Rating: