Garlic Coconut Curry Shrimp Bowl Recipe
- 1/2 pound shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 1: 15 ounce can full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, coat shrimp with tapioca flour and shake off the excess.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over high heat. Once heated, add shrimp to the skillet and brown both sides of the shrimp to get a crispy exterior, about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook shrimp all the way through. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, turn the heat down to medium and add the other tablespoon of coconut oil. Add onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle curry powder over the onion/garlic mixture and stir until incorporated. Add the cubed chicken breast and cook until generally cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Carefully pour the coconut milk into the skillet then season with salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate.
- Add the shrimp back into the skillet and let mixture simmer for 5 minutes until all the ingredients are cooked through.
- At the very end, stir in the spinach leaves and cook until wilted.
- Serve hot.
Source: Table For Two
Garlic Coconut Curry Shrimp Bowl Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, February 03, 2017 Rating: