- 2 Tbsps soy sauce
- 1 Tbp water
- 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 4 x 150g white fish
- 40g ginger, peeled & thinly sliced
- 2 x spring onions (cut into half)
- Chilli slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to180C/350F. Prepare 4 sheets of baking paper and 4 sheets aluminium foil, both cut into 35cm lengthwise.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, pepper and sesame oil. Using a fork, whisk until well combined and set aside.
- Cut the spring onion in half. Thinly slice the white part of the spring onions diagonally which will be cooked with the fish. Slice the green part of the spring onion resembling thin threads. Soak them in cold water to enable them to curl up.
- To assemble the fish parcels, first lay down the aluminum foil and followed by baking paper.
- Roughly divide the ginger slices in 4 portions (one portion per fish).
- Then halve each portion of the ginger slices. One half portion of the ginger slices to be place on the baking paper, followed by one piece of white fish, spring onion and the remaining half portion of the ginger slices. Drizzle with the sauce concoction made earlier (slightly under one Tablespoon per parcel). Fold up to enclose the filling. Repeat with this step with the remaining fish.
- Bake the fish in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Open the parcels and garnish with spring onion curls. Serve immediately with rice and sauteed vegetables.
Source: Fuss Free Cooking
Share It To Your Friends!