Filipino Ube Madeleines Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks), plus more for pans
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted (not self-rising)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ube flavor
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Melt butter over low-medium heat whisking occassionally to make sure that it doesn’t burn. Cool to room temperature.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- Put eggs, egg yolks, granulated sugar, ube flavor and use electric mixer. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and thickened, about 5 minutes. It should also have at least doubled in size.
- Mix in butter.
- Using a spatula, fold flour mixture into egg mixture. Let rest 30 minutes or until firm.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two madeleine pans. Dust with some flour and tap pans upside down to remove excess flour; set aside.
- After the dough has rested for about 30 minutes, pour batter into greased pans, filling the molds 3/4 full.
- Bake cookies, until edges are crisp and golden, 7 to 8 minutes for small pans and 10 to 11 for large pans. Let cookies cool slightly in pans on wire racks. Invert, and unmold.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
- Make sure it's light and airy by not overmixing while folding in the flour.
Source: Cooking For My Family
Filipino Ube Madeleines Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 Rating: