Filipino Pinakbet Recipe
- One ampalaya (bitter melon), sliced
- ½ lb sliced pork cut into small pieces
- Two eggplants, sliced
- One Onion, Diced.
- Three Tomatoes, Chopped
- One cup of water
- Three pieces of garlic minced
- Three table spoons of oil
- Two cups of diced okra
- Two cups of cut beans
- Three tablespoons of bagoong alamang (salty shrimp paste)
- One table spoon of ginger.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First heat the oil in a pan and add the sliced pieces of pork until the color is brown. When this is done, remove the pork from the pan and place it aside.
- Use the same pan to stir the tomatoes, ginger, onions and garlic for several minutes until the tomatoes are wilted.
- Add the squashed okra and stir fry for a few minutes before adding the remaining vegetables. Add the water and add the bagoong and cook in till it boils. Adjust the heat and add the pork.
- Let the casserole simmer for about ten minutes but make sure it won’t be overcooked.
- Finally you can add some salt and pepper to bring it to a perfect taste. The pinakbet dish is done. The best way to serve the dish is hot and with plain rice.
Source: Filipino Dishes And Recipe
Filipino Pinakbet Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, February 23, 2017 Rating: