Creme Caramel Recipe
For Make The Caramel
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoon Water
- 3 Tablespoon Hot water
- 2 Medium Egg
- 4 Medium Egg yolk (just yolk without egg white)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 2 Cup Milk
- 10 Grams Butter (at room temperature)
To Butter The Cups (ramekins)
- First of all slightly apply butter inside, around of 4 ceramic cups (ramekins) & set them aside for later use. This will help to remove cooked creme caramel from the cup at the last step, here I've used 220ml sized cups.
- To Make The Caramel
- Add sugar into a medium size saucepan & then add water, heat up sugar and water together on low to medium heat until it get start change to light brown colour for about 7 minutes. If its starting to get sticky stir the caramel by using a metal skewer or a spoon. When it's start to change the colour to brown add 3 tablespoons of hot water to the caramel and swirl around. Then evenly pour the caramel in to the pre-prepared buttered ceramic cups (ramekins) & set aside for later use.
- Heat up the milk on medium high heat for about 4 minutes until it reach lukewarm. Mean while whisk eggs, egg yolk, sugar and Vanilla essence in a mixing bowl for about 4 minutes. When milk is done add milk in to the egg mixture (pouring gradually) while whisking. Whisk the mixture for about 4 minutes until it form up the bubbles.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-carameled & buttered ceramic cups (ramekins) just above 3/4 mark and cover it up with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Place the foiled ceramic cups (ramekins) in a steamer & steam them for about 30 minutes. When creme caramel is done take it out from the steamer & let it warm down for about 30 minutes before put them into a refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. Some prefer it bit warm, so you can serve this while it's hot too.
- Before serve, remove aluminium foil & place a plate on top of the ceramic cup (ramekin). Then hold both cup and the plate together & turn the cup with plate upside down followed by a light tap on the back of the cup to ease the creme caramel to come out. Now it's time lift the cup to reveal the delicious creme caramel. Serve warm or chilled, I prefer when it's chilled. Enjoy !
Source: Daily Food Recipes
Creme Caramel Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, February 27, 2017 Rating: