Chicken Wellington (Puff Pastry-Wrapped Chicken) Recipe
- 2 sheet puff pastry, thawed for about 20 minutes
- 8 small boneless, skinless chicken breast, uncooked
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (can use 2 onions)
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh button mushrooms, sliced (can increase if desired)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened (you may reduce the amount if desired)
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 seasoning salt, (can use white salt)
- 1 ground pepper
- Season the chicken breast with seasoning salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat butter and oil in a skillet.
- Brown the breasts on all sides until almost completely cooked through; transfer to a plate.
- To the same skillet add in onions, garlic and sliced mushrooms; saute until the mushrooms lose their moisture and the onions are tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- On a floured surface, roll out each puff pastry sheet to a 14-inch square.
- Cut into four even 7-inch squares (you should have 8 squares total).
- Place each breast over each puff pastry square.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with mustard, then spread over EACH breast.
- Then top with about 2-3 tablespoons mushroom/onion mixture.
- Brush the edges of each pastry square with water.
- Wrap pastry around the chicken breast, pressing edges to seal tightly.
- Place seam-side down on greased baking sheets.
- Brush the tops with egg wash.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Serve with mushroom sauce over the Wellington or on the side of the plate.
Source: Kitch Me
Chicken Wellington (Puff Pastry-Wrapped Chicken) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 Rating: