Chicken Tomato Roast Recipe
- Chicken-1(1.2 kg)
- Tomato- 6 large
- Chilli powder- 2 tablespoon(Use kashmiri red chilli powder for less heat)
- Ginger- 1 tablespoon
- Garlic- 1 tablespoon
- Green chillies-3
- Curry leaves- 2 strands
- Salt- to taste
- Refined Oil- 3 teaspoons(could use coconut oil too)
- Coconut oil- 1 teaspoon(for flavour)
- Cut the chicken in to small pieces and wash them thoroughly; drain the water.
- Finely chop the tomatoes. Roughly chop ginger and garlic; grind as a coarse paste or crush using pestle and mortar.
- In a pressure cooker add the chicken pieces and a tablespoon of chilli powder, saltl also add a a strand of curry leaves and mix well with a spoon.
- Now add less than 1/4 cup of water and close with a lid; pressure cook just for a whistle and immediately switch off the gas.
- Do not over cook the chicken at this stage because further cooking inside the tomato gravy shall absorb the flavour and essence from the gravy.
- Now heat oil in a pan add the chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies; cook till the raw flavour leaves and it starts to brown.
- Now add the finely chopped tomatoes with some salt and cook till mushy.
- Add the red chilli powder and cook almost oil starts to separate on top.
- Add the chicken with the cooked water to the tomato gravy; increase the flame and start to roast the chicken in that gravy.
- If you have more chicken cooked water inside the pressure cooker add in two batches once the water almost evaporates add the next batch and keep roasting.
- Sprinkle some curry leaves and drixzle a tablespoon of coconut oil to lift the flavours and roast till your desired consistency.
- You could make this dish semi dry gravy or a totally dried roast chicken too.
- But the oil has to separate and the raw tomato flavour has to leaves; the dish has to get the roasted aroma.
Source: Lincy Cook Art
Chicken Tomato Roast Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 Rating: