Brain Masala Recipe
- 1 beef brain (leaned properly i.e. take out veins)
- ½ cup mustard oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger garlic
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 4 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tbsp crushed cumin
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg and mace powder
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped green chilies and ginger slices for garnishing
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add onion slices and fry till become light golden brown in color.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, red chili powder, salt and turmeric and cook till tomatoes gets soft.
- Now add whole brain and yogurt, mix well and simmer for 10 mins.
- After that slightly increase the flame to medium-high and cook gently so that oil starts to separate from the gravy. break brain into small pieces during cooking.
- 5Then add crushed cumin, black pepper, garam masala and nutmeg and mace powder and mix well. Sprinkle coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger slices and simmer for 5 mins.
- delicious brain masala is ready to serve with chapati or naan.
Source: Recipe Dose
Brain Masala Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 Rating: