Baked Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 4 pre-cut chicken breasts schnitzel (about 500g)
- 1 1/4 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 4 Tbsps pizza sauce (I used 2 x Leggo's pizza sauce sachets)
- 100g Frico Gouda cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Line baking tray with parchment paper and use a cooking spray to lightly grease the surface of the parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, dried oregano, salt and pepper. Beat the eggs with a fork and set aside.
- Pour dry breadcrumbs on a flat plate and set aside.
- Dunk a chicken breast in the egg mixture and the coat it with dry breadcrumbs to cover all surface area. Place the breaded chicken breast on the tray. Repeat with the remaining 3 chicken breasts.
- Lightly spray the breaded chicken with a cooking spray. Bake them in a preheated oven for 15 minutes until the chicken breasts are just cooked through and the exterior has become golden and crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. Smear a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each chicken breasts and top it off with Gouda cheese slices.
- Bake for another 10 minutes to melt the Gouda cheese and they are now ready to serve with your preferred side dish.
Source: Fuss Free Cooking
Baked Chicken Parmigiana Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 Rating: