Bacon Cheese Doodle Meatballs Recipe
INGREDIENTS:For the meatballs
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 1 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup scallions, chopped fine
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz. Velveeta cheese, cut into a ½ inch dice
- 1 bag cheese doodles, placed in a bowl and crushed with your hands until it looks like bread crumbs
- 12 oz. Velveeta, cubed
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add all the ingredients for the meatballs (except for the cubed Velveeta cheese and the cheese doodles) into a large mixing bowl and stir or mix mix your hands until it's well combined.
- Form the meatballs with a 1½ tablespoon scoop, or you can use your hands and form into 2" balls, then place onto a baking sheet that's been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Holding a meatball in one hand, use your finger and gently press an indentation in the center of the meatball big enough for the piece of cheese to go into. Place a cube of cheese into the hole and form the meatball back around the hole until the cheese is completely hidden.
- Repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- In a medium pot, heat the Velveeta cheese along with the chicken broth over medium heat. Whisk until smooth.
- Take a meatball and dip into the Velveeta cheese sauce, then coat with the cheese doodle bread crumbs.
- Repeat until all the meatballs are dipped and coated, return to the baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Source: Man Titlement
Bacon Cheese Doodle Meatballs Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, February 13, 2017 Rating: