Spicy Clams With Holy Basil Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2-3 chili peppers
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 lbs. Manila Clams
- 1 bunch of Thai basil
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped
- Soak clams in a bowl filled with water for about an hour to clean out any sand that may be in the shell, changing the water if the water gets sandy. After soaking, rinse and scrub, if needed, the clams and let them drain. Slice the chili pepper lengthwise into thin strips.
- You can also substitute red bell pepper or other sweet peppers, if you don’t like it hot. Add a tablespoon of oil to a wok over high heat. Add garlic, onion and chili pepper. Cook until garlic is fragrant and onion clear. Add fish sauce, shrimp and chili paste, and sugar. Stir to mix the seasonings in.
- Add clams and stir. The clam juice will start to come out. Stir until all the clams open. The clams I use open after 4 minutes of high heat. Add Thai basil. Stir until leaves begin to wilt and quickly remove from heat.
- Mix in the green onions and place the clams and liquid in a serving bowl. Serve hot with rice.
Source: My Mama's Recipe
Spicy Clams With Holy Basil Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 Rating: