- 1½ cup cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated garlic
- 1 Teaspoons onion powder
- ½ -1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt (adjust to taste)
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets (cut in small chunks)
- Spicy Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- ½-1 teaspoon mustard sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper relish
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- Dash hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F or In a large, sauce pan pour vegetable oil - half way
- In a large bowl mix together, cornmeal,garlic , onion powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- If fish fillet too large cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Dip each strip in buttermilk and lightly deep into the remaining corn meal.
- Deep fry the fish in the fryer or saucepan a few pieces at a time, moving them around so they don't stick. Fry until brown and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes or more depending on the size. These big chunks took about 6 minutes per side.
- Remove from the fryer with a slotted spoon place on a cookie rack to ensure crispness.. Repeat with the remaining fillets and season the fish with lemon juice. Serve with spicy tartar sauce
- Spicy tartar sauce
- In a serving bowl combine mayonnaise, garlic, hot pepper relish, onions, mustards,dash hot sauce ,salt and pepper .Cover with plastic wrap and let the flavors mellow in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Source: Immaculate Bites
Share It To Your Friends!