- heads and shells from 500g of prawns (reserve prawn meat for serving, or if using jumbo prawns, reserve for another recipe)
- 3 banana shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 whole jumbo prawns (optional)
- 4 servings of egg noodles
- 4 mini bak choy, quartered lengthwise
- Fresh red chilli, sliced
- Heat oil on medium in large pot, added shallots and garlic, and sauté for 1-2 mins until fragrant. Add prawn heads and shells, and fry for 5mins until shells turn red.
- Pour in enough water to cover, lower heat, and allow to simmer for 2 hours. Strain stock and season with salt to taste.
- If using whole jumbo prawns, slice in half lengthwise, being careful not to lose any of the “coral”. Steam for around 5mins until just cooked through.
- If using prawn meat, bring strained prawn broth to boil, add prawn meat and cook for 2mins. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles and cook until al dente. Add bak choy and blanch for 1-2mins. Drain and set aside.
- To serve, place noodles into bowl and top with bak choy and jumbo prawns or prawn meat. Laddle hot prawn broth over and garnish with chilli.
Source: Cooking In The City
Share It To Your Friends!