- 500 grams pork steak or loin, sliced thinly
- 2-3 Tbsps. cooking oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- One large onion, sliced into rings
- sesame oil
- 3 pcs. calamansi, cut in half crosswise
- 4 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, cut into coins
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- chili pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the juice of 3 calamansi with the chopped garlic, ginger, coriander seeds, Hoisin sauce, and light soy sauce. Add in the sliced pork and make sure to coat evenly with the mixture. Sprinkle with the chili flakes, let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Put in the pork pieces, shaking off excess marinade into the bowl. Brown pork on both sides, swirling the pieces around the pan. Once pork is browned, add fresh cracked black pepper, then pour in the remaining marinade. Let the mixture come to a boil then turn the heat to low. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to a sauce-like consistency.
- Turn off heat, add in the onion rings, and toss to combine. Drizzle a little sesame oil over the dish just before serving.
Source: Runaway Spoon
Share It To Your Friends!