- 1 whole ampalaya (bitter gourd), sliced into thin pieces
- 1 handful of sitaw (string beans) stalks, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5-6 okra stalks, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 kalabasa or squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 whole eggplant, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 200 g pork belly, cubed
- 250 ml cup water
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tomatoes
- 3-4 Garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup bagoong alamang or shrimp paste
- In a pot, simmer pork in water for 5 minutes until almost soft. Remove pork from pan and set stock aside.
- Using a separate pan, heat oil and add the pork until brown. When cooked, set the pork aside and set aside the extra oil for later use
- In a large casserole, combine all the vegetables together with the garlic and semi-cooked pork. Then add the extra pork oil you reserved earlier.
- In a separate bowl, mix the reserved pork stock and the bagoong until blended well.
- Pour into the casserole along with the vegetables and pork.
- Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Serve it with rice and that’s it! Enjoy Pinakbet!
Share It To Your Friends!