Pinakbet With Bacon Recipe
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups eggplant, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups okra, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups daikon radish, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/2 a kabocha squash, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 3 slices of bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, divided
- 3 tbsp. bagoong monamon
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- In a large skillet or wok, cook the bacon until the fat has rendered and the bacon pieces have browned. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a dish lined with paper towels. Reserve 2 tbsp. of the bacon fat and discard the rest.
- Saute the garlic and onion in the bacon fat until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and cook for a minute or two until it has softened. Add the kabocha squash and daikon radish and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the green beans, eggplant, okra, water, bagoong and 3/4 of the cooked bacon to the pan. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low heat, covered, for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Top with the remaining bacon (crushed into bits) and serve with rice.
Source: The Red Gingham
Pinakbet With Bacon Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 Rating: