Pancit Canton With Sardines Recipe
- 16 oz pancit canton noodles (can be found in the Oriental aisle of supermarket)
- pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 3 c chicken both
- 1 425 grams canned sardines in tomato sauce, or three small cans ( found in the oriental. Asian aisles)
- 1 small head of chinese cabbage, cut into 2- 3 inch strips, rinsed and drained
- 2 large carrots , sliced into strips
- 15 pieces fishballs, sliced or peeled shrimps ( fishballs can be found frozen in the Oriental supermarkets)
- 1 small onion, chopped roughly
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat the oil in a wide skillet or wok and fry the fishballs ( or shrimp) for about 3-5 minutes until very lightly golden ( shrimps should turn light orange). Remove them to a plate and set aside.
- Saute garlic and onion until soft. Add in the carrots. Toss around all ingredients in the pan and add the chicken broth. Bring the pan to a boil and add the oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Add the cabbage, then the sardines and stir ingredients around. Cook for two minutes or until the cabbage is slightly soft. Add the noodles in three to four batches, soaking each batch of noodles into the liquid and tossing them around. Toss all noodles and make sure everything is immersed in the liquid. Cook for 7-12 minutes, stirring occasionally until noodles are soft and mostly all liquids are absorbed. Add the fishballs. Season with pepper and toss noodles. Serve.
Source: Woman Scribbles
Pancit Canton With Sardines Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, January 26, 2017 Rating: