- 1 whole chicken cut up
- 6-7 medium red potatoes washed and unpeeled, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 5-6 carrots peeled, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow cut in 1-inch pieces (any color bell pepper will work)
- 1 medium onion cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. Hunts Ketchup without preservatives or HFCS
- 2 tbsp. Grandma’s molasses
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter cut in small pieces
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 3 tbsp. water
- Spray a 10x17” glass baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Layer potatoes, carrots, bell pepper and onions on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Combine ketchup, molasses, honey, maple syrup and seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place chicken pieces in a separate large mixing bowl.
- Measure out ¼ cup sauce and drizzle over top of the chicken pieces.
- Stir to combine.
- Place chicken pieces over top of veggies in baking dish.
- Drizzle any remaining sauce from the chicken bowl (NOT the regular sauce ingredients) over top of the chicken pieces.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining sauce ingredients into a small saucepan. Heat over low to medium heat until mixture begins to simmer.
- Heat over low to medium heat until mixture begins to simmer.
- Combine cornstarch and water and add to sauce mixture until mixture thickens and heats through.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven.
- Baste sauce mixture over top of chicken pieces.
- Bake an additional 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Source: Can't Stay Out Of Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!