- 2 lbs mussels
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup each red, yellow and green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup fennel, diced
- 2 tbs garlic, chopped
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, add butter and olive oil.
- Add onions, peppers, fennel and garlic and saute until soft. Do not brown.
- Add the tomato paste and cook until thick.
- Add wine, diced tomatoes, and paprika. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Add mussels and cover pot.. Steam for about 4 minutes or until all of the mussels have opened. Discard any unopened mussels.
- Gently stir mussels to coat in the sofrito.
- Add parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with crusty bread over pasta or rice.
- Makes 2 entree or 4 appetizer servings.
Source: Food So Good Mall
Share It To Your Friends!