Lumpiang Sariwa Recipe
- 1/4 kg. ground lean pork
- 1/4 kg. fresh shrimps, deveined and peeled
- 1 whole hard tofu, chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium carrots, chopped thinly
- 10 pcs. Baguio beans (also called Green Bean or runner bean), chopped thinly
- 1 medium sized turnip (or sweet potato), chopped thinly
- 1 medium sized cabbage, shredded
- 1 stalk celery, chopped thinly
- 1 pack ginisa mix
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed roasted peanut
- 2-3 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in water (as thickener)
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- Heat the pan. Sautee garlic and onions. Add the ground pork. Season with ginisa mix. Add the tofu and shrimp and let it cook.
- Add the water and let it simmer.Add the sweet potato and let it cook until soft.Add the celery, carrots, beans and cook for 3 mins.
- Add the cabbage and cook for another 3 minutes. You may add some more ginisa mix if desired.
- Remove from fire.
- To prepare the sauce, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, peanuts and garlic in a sauce pan while stirring occasionally. When the sauce starts to boil, add the cornstarch dissolved in water and stir constantly until sauce becomes thick.
- Serve the Lumpia with sauce on top and garnish with crushed roasted peanut. Normally, Filipinos would wrap the vegetable mix in fresh spring roll wrapper with lettuce.
Source: Kiko's Kitchen
Lumpiang Sariwa Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 Rating: