Lemon Skillet Chicken Recipe
- 12 ounces baby potatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 3/4-inch thickness
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 4 ounces button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 5 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces fresh been beans, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the oil to pan. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken and thyme sprigs to pan; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Flip the chicken. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove the chicken from pan.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the skillet.
- Add the potatoes, cut sides down, the mushrooms and 1 tablespoon thyme; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring once.
- Combine the milk and flour in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the remaining salt, remaining pepper, flour mixture, stock, lemon, and beans to the pan and simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Return the chicken to the pan, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Source: Zosia Cooks
Lemon Skillet Chicken Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, January 26, 2017 Rating: