- 2 lbs pork belly or the leg part of the pig, cut in cubes
- 1 cup Pineapple juice
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons salted black beans
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup dried banana blossoms
- 2 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorn
- 1/2 cup sprite or coke
- 6 pieces qual eggs, boiled (optional)
- Heat the cooking pot then brown the pork belly
- Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are soft
- Put-in the soy sauce, peppercorn, bay leaves
- Pour-in the pineapple juice and let boil. Simmer until the pork is tender (add water as needed)
- Pressure cook the pork for 20 minutes until tender.
- Add the vinegar and wait for the mixture to re-boil. Do not stir. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon-in the salted black beans and brown sugar then simmer for 5 minutes or optional you may add 1/2 cup coke or sprite in replacement of sugar.
- Add the dried banana blossoms and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes
- Garnish the boiled qual eggs/
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve. Share and enjoy!
Source: D Life Of Alming
Share It To Your Friends!