FOR THE MARINADE:
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 inch ginger ( ground and chopped)
- 1 dried red chili
FOR THE CHICKEN WINGETS:
- 3 lbs chicken wingets
- 1/4 cup Hoisin Sauce
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (optional)
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil (canola or vegetable I used canola in this recipe)
- Clean chicken wingets and tap dry
- Place chicken into a large bowl.Then add in chili powder, ground ginger, chopped dried chili. Thoroughly rub the spice mixture into the chicken using your fingers/ hands.
- Set aside for at least 2 hours to let the spice penetrate into the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix hoisin sauce, honey, garlic and soy sauce. Set aside for later use.
- After marinating the chicken, heat the cooking oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken turning frequently for 10 to 12 minutes or, until golden and crisp. Drain off any excess oil. Or you can keep it if you prefer.
- Add in the prepared Hoisin mixture into the chicken. Turn the chicken wings to coat them with the mixture.
- Reduce the heat and cook some more for 25 to 35 minutes, turning the chicken wings frequently so that the mixture will coat to the chicken and the mixture will not burn.
- Serve hot.
Source: The Skinny Pot
Share It To Your Friends!