Steak and mushrooms:
- Steak-what kind and how big are up to you. I used a beautiful 1.3 pound Porterhouse)
- 6 cremini mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 clove of shallot (typically ½ of a whole shallot—or use the whole thing!)
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Season your steak and mushrooms with the olive oil and steak seasoning. Grill to your liking. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, mash the garlic clove and salt together with the flat blade of a knife to make a paste. Then chop onto that the shallot, parsley, rosemary, sage and thyme. Coat the herbs with olive oil and pepper and chop and toss until you pretty much have an herb sauce. Place the steak right on the sauce and slice, coating each slice in the sauce. Toss the mushrooms in the sauce and serve alongside.
Source: A Table At Robert Ridge
Share It To Your Friends!