- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 bone-in pork chops, approximately 3/4" thick
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, for serving (optional)
- lime wedges, for serving (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except for pork chops in a blender or food processor container and process until smooth. Arrange pork chops in a baking dish and pour marinade over. Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Thirty minutes before grilling, remove pork chops from the refrigerator. Preheat grill over medium heat, and oil grates. Grill pork chops for 8-10 minutes (they'll feel firm to press, or internal temp. 145° to 150°F), flipping once and keeping the lid closed as much as possible. Transfer chops to a plate, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Share It To Your Friends!