- 8 oz ground pork
- 8 oz fresh ground shrimp
- 3/4 cup water chestnuts or jicama (singkamas), diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into short strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 15 (5-inch) egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep frying
Sweet and Sour sauce:
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco hot sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 4 tsp water
- Prepare the sweet and sour sauce by combining all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Mix the pork, shrimp, water chestnuts, carrot, garlic, green onion and soy sauce in a bowl. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Place 1 heaped tablespoon of the filling on each egg roll wrapper. Roll the wrapper up tightly and seal the ends with a few drops of water. Repeat until all of the filling is used up.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Deep fry the prepared egg rolls in the hot oil until light golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve with a bowl of sweet and sour sauce on the side.
Source: Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!