- 1 whole 2 lb fish, cleaned and scaled
- 3″ piece fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/2 cup sake
- 2 tbs cornstarch
- oil, for deep-frying
- Cut 4-5 deep diagonal slashes on each side and marinate for 15 minutes with ginger, scallion, pepper, and sake. Drain and scrape off any pieces of the marinade. Dry thoroughly.
- Heat a wok and add oil. Once hot, sprinkle fish on both sides with cornstarch, shaking to remove any excess. Lower fish into oil and cook, over moderate heat, for 6-7 minutes. Drain and serve.
Source: Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!