- 4 pieces small size eggplant,sliced lengthwise at the middle
- 1 lb ground pork or ground turkey
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ of medium sized red bell pepper,chopped (around ½ cup when chopped)
- ¼ of medium sized orange bell pepper,chopped
- 2 sticks green onion separate the leaves to garnish and use the bulb only for cooking)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- salt to season ( measure according to your taste)
- Preheat oven at 350 F
- Cut eggplant in half and remove the inner meat from the shells and chop the meat into small pieces. Reserve the shells and spray the outer skin with non stick oil, set aside.
- Heat cooking in a pan and add in the chopped onion bulb until translucent.
- Add the ground pork until cook through, and then add the eggplant meat and cook until soft. Then add the bell pepper and let it cook for 3 more minutes. Season the meat mixture with salt. Remove from heat and let cool for a bit.
- Fill the eggplant shells. and arrange eggplant in a cast iron or baking sheet. Pour the beaten eggs over the eggplant.
- Bake eggplant for 45 minutes or until egg is set and eggplant shells are soft.
Source: The Skinny Pot
Share It To Your Friends!