Easy Baked Honey-Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tablespoon arrowroot powder (or cornstarch)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- ½ cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- ¼ cup mirin (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey (preferably mild-tasting)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Sriracha (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and place a rack in the middle. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a small saucepan mix arrowroot (or cornstarch) and cold water until a thin paste is formed, add soy sauce, mirin (or vinegar) vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.
- Simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, until sauce starts to thicken.
- Place chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish. Brush the chicken with the sauce on both side.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, baste with juices sauce and bake uncovered for for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through (the temperature should register 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.)
- Cooking time depends on how big the chicken breasts are and how hot your oven is; what matters most is that the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Once cooked, let the breasts rest for two minutes.
- Slice the chicken, pour juices over it, sprinkle with sesame seeds, chopped cilantro, and serve.
Source:The Iron You
Easy Baked Honey-Teriyaki Chicken Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 Rating: