- 1 lb. taco meat, stir fry beef or your choice of beef cut into small bite size pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper (julienned)
- 2 heaping cups of snow peas prepared for cooking
- 1 heaping cup oyster mushrooms, cleaned
- ½ bunch of washed cilantro - chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion or ½ large (white or sweet red), chopped
- 2 table-spoons of cooking oil
- 1 tea-spoon chopped ginger
- 1 tea-spoon crushed garlic (about 4 cloves)
- ½ cup of water
- 1 table-spoon soy sauce
- ½ tea-spoon salt
- ½ tea-spoon sesame oil
- On a wok or large frying pan, add half the oil (1 table-spoon) and allow to warm up while cooking on high.
- Add half the garlic and ginger, stir and quickly add the beef.
- Stir the beef for a minute and add the onions.
- Stir for an additional minute and add the cilantro.
- Stir continuously until beef is no longer pink.
- Pour the beef on a serving dish and get ready to cook the vegetables.
- Using the same pan, add the rest of the oil, garlic and ginger.
- Stir and quickly add the snow peas and ½ cup of water. Cover for two minutes.
- Stir and add the peppers and mushrooms. Cover again for two more minutes.
- Add the beef back in stir frying for a minute.
- Add the soy sauce and salt, taste and add more salt if needed. Turn off and serve.
- Serve with plain rice, quinoa or your favorite grain.
- Tip: do not cover your cilantro beef stir fry while it is hot. This will cause the vegetables to release water, become soft and you will end up with a soupy-looking stir fry.
Source: Life Bites
Share It To Your Friends!