- 2 cup rice
- water for cooking congee 3 liter (more or less)
- 1 piece chicken breast
- Average amount of chicken bones - for stock
- 5 - 6 dried scallops
- 1 carrot - sliced into smaller piece
- 1 tbsp "dong cai" - 东菜
- small piece of ginger - smashed
- sesame oil
- light soy sauce
- some dark soy sauce - for color
- ***(adjust the seasoning to taste)
- some green onion for garnishing
- Wash & clean the chicken bones from fat & chicken blood.
- When the water boiling add in the chicken breast & chicken bones for chicken stock (approx: 15-20mins)
- Remove the cooked chicken breast & chicken bones from the stock.
- Wash the rice & add into the chicken stock. Add in sliced carrots, scallops, "dong cai" & smashed ginger.
- Increased the heat & bring the congee to boil (approx: 30mins)
- When the congee starts to thicken. Lower the heat & continue cook till all the rice breaks & turn soft (*time depend on the congee texture preferred)
- Season the congee to taste.
- Serve warm with shredded chicken meat floss (*from the cooked chicken breast) & some green onions.
Source: Cooking Crave
Share It To Your Friends!