Cajun-Style Fried Fish Recipe
- 2 pounds fish fillets, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 2 cups oil for frying or as needed
- Soak the fish pieces in milk for at least 20 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and hot pepper sauce.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, pepper, mustard and Cajun seasoning.
- Dip fish pieces into the dry mixture, then into the egg, then back into the Panko. Set aside. When all the fish is coated, place fish in the refrigerator and chill for about 15 minutes.
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry fish pieces for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Drain the fish on paper towels and serve with hot sauce or tartar sauce.
Source: My Mama's Recipe
Cajun-Style Fried Fish Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 Rating: