Buko Pandan Chiffon Cake Recipe
- 5 tablespoons buko pandan powder flavoring
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (devided into 2)
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- Flour circular pan (12 inches diamenter) preferably faked bottom pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and buko pandan powder and sift all the ingredients together. Set aside
- Separate eggs, one bowl for yolks and another for eggwhites. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks for 1 minute and gradually add ½ cup of sugar beating egg yolks constantly until pale and thick. Add ½ cup water gradually, beating at low speed until well blended. Add flour mixture. Continue beating until well blended. Set aside.
- Add cream of tartar to the eggwhites. Beat eggwhites (make sure the mixer is clean and dry) at high speed until soft peaks forms. At this stage, gradually add the remaining sugar 1 tablespoon at a time beating constantly until stiff. (stiff stage is when eggwhites form peaks and the tips of the peaks don’t bend down).
- Add ½ of the beaten eggwhites to the yolk mixture and gently fold-in. Now, fold-in the yolk mixture to the remaining beaten eggwhite until well mixed.
- Pour cake mixture into a prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees C.;lower temperature to 200 degrees C and bake 15 minutes further; total baking time 35 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back when pressed at the center. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 45 minutes. Loosen the sides by tracing a metal spatula or knife.
- Tips in making sponge cake:
- Beating eggwhite is very important for sponge cakes therefore its stages are critical. Always make sure the bowl for eggwhites is dry clean otherwise the egg will not reach peak stage. This is the time sugar is added to hold the eggwhite. Soft peak stage is when eggwhite forms like mountain peaks and peaks are soft that they bend down when you lift the mixer. Stiff stage is when eggwhite forms very still peaks and wont bend down when you lift the mixer. When at stiff stage, you should stop adding sugar and stop beating.
- Folding In is also very important to achieve a perfect sponge cake. It is important to fold in gently and quickly. Move the spatula in a circular motion over and under the cake mixture. Do not fold in too long otherwise you will lose the airy texture of the eggwhite, which you will end up like pie texture.
Source: Goddess Of Deliciousness
Buko Pandan Chiffon Cake Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 Rating: