- 3.3 lbs of freshly harvested cassava, remove the bark, wash and grate
- 1½ to 2 cups light brown sugar ( add sugar according to your liking. Test the mixture by frying a small amount)
- ¼ cup of bottled young coconut, washed to remove the sweetness and then chopped.THIS IS OPTIONAL
- Mix first three ingredients and line the mixture in the banana leaves. Roll banana leaves and seal
- at the end.
- Do the same to the rest of cassava mixture.
- Line the Suman in the steamer.
- Put 10 cups of water in the bottom part of the steamer and let it the water boil.
- Put the top two layer of the steamer on top of the bottom one and steam Suman for 45 minutes.
Source: The Skinny Pot
Share It To Your Friends!