Binagoong Babboy (Pork Simmered In Shrimp Paste) Recipe
- 3 lbs of pork cubed
- 2-3 tbsp shrimp paste (bagoong, I used Kamayan brand)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 medium size onion ( chopped)
- 1 medium size tomato (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- bay leaves
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- When cooking pork, I usually parboil it first. So put the meat on a pot, fill it up with water until meat is covered. Let it boil for a few minutes. Drain the pork and set aside.
- Saute onion, garlic and tomatoes add the bagoong give it a quick stir. (this is when your neighbors might close their windows haha) Add 3/4 c water and let it simmer. Add vinegar (don’t stir until it boils) bring in the pork. Cook for about 30 minutes or until pork is tender. Add ketchup and sugar. You may add more bagoong or more sugar depending on your taste. Let it simmer until the sauce is reduced.
- Serve with rice… mounds of rice. And to balance off the saltiness, blanched okra on the side is best.
Source: Goddess Of Deliciousness
Binagoong Babboy (Pork Simmered In Shrimp Paste) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, January 25, 2017 Rating: